Saturday, April 5, 2008

Prayers for Mawmaw...

Please keep my mom in your prayers for the next few days. My parents traveled to Indiana for a few days, and while there Mom has had to go into the hospital. Yesterday she suddenly started "not feeling very good" and developed slurred speech. She was at the mall by herself at the time and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. So far, there's no other symptoms of a stroke except the slurred speech, but there's a huge history of problems like this in her family- my grandmother had multiple strokes over the years. Mom herself is always healthy as a horse, and I cannot remember her ever even having to stay overnight in the hospital since I've been alive, so the fact that this is happening with her so far away from home is very hard for everybody. I feel pretty helpless. David, and my sister Wendy and her husband Scott went up there last night. They could all pick up and go easier than I could since I've got the two little ones, so I stayed here to keep all the kids. They didn't get there until about 4a.m., and they've just now gotten to see her this morning. I feel much better knowing that David is there and can actually see her and give me his opinion of how she is. Not much has changed since last night- speech is still slurred, but no new symptoms at this point either, so I guess that's good. She had a CT scan last night, and has already had an MRI and echocardiogram this morning. We'll just be sitting tight waiting for results now. Our hope is that her speech will clear up and the hospital up there will let her go, then they'll just get her home as soon as possible so we can get with her doctors here to get to the bottom of things. Again, having David there makes me feel much better about putting her in a car for 8 hours to come home- I know he'll take good care of her. Please just say a special prayer for her that she will improve and we can get her back home safe and sound!

2 comments:

Aunt Danna said...

We will keep her in our prayers, and I'll call later to see if anything has changed.
Thanks for letting us know.

momx2 said...

We will be praying for her!