Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Achieving Zen

Becky was working for a few hours last night and it was guys night at home. After getting Jackson down to sleep it was time for daddy and Noah to have some one-on-one play time. Noah wanted to play astronaut so I convinced him that his Air Force flightsuit was also an astronaut flightsuit. He asked me to put on my flightsuit "so we can match" and of course I complied.
After a while, playing astronaut turned into playing pilot. We made a makeshift airplane in the living room floor and shot several approaches into Bowman International. Then he asked me if we could watch airplanes together on TV in our uniforms. After taking a moment to wipe away a tear (almost) we sat down together... father and son... in our flightsuits... and we watched daddy's favorite movie of all time..."TOPGUN." Ahhhhhh... So this is what Zen feels like.

3 comments:

Aunt Danna said...

Uncle David...
I don't think that I have ever met NEAR as big of a nerd as you. {except maybe my dad.}
& i guess you'd consider that a compliment....
nerd. :S


-Hannah.

Becky said...

I prefer Hillbilly to nerd thank you very much. Love you Hannah!

Uncle David

Aunt Danna said...

Apparently this child does not realize that the nerdiness gene can be carried in families and remain dormant until age 25.