Thursday, April 17, 2008

Overheard...

Noah seems to have become just a little spoiled by getting random surprises. David has a little harder time dealing with this than I do since he is gone from home more often, and Noah has come to expect that Daddy will bring him a surprise. I'm sure many kids get little surprises like this from their Daddys, but where Noah's getting spoiled comes in is that he's now requesting certain things that he wants. He'll even go so far as to let you know where to go find the wanted item and say "So can you bring me that?". Yesterday, while shopping at Target, Noah found a Buzz Lightyear toy that is that latest on his list of wants. I heard him whispering on the phone to David about it yesterday. He knew that I had already said he might could get it for his birthday, but he knows that Daddy's out of town and coming home tomorrow- therefore he expects a surprise. This morning when he got up, he wanted to call David again. I heard him talking again about the Buzz Lightyear, and as he walked toward me to give me the phone, he said to David- "Now, you don't talk to Mom about that, Okay?". It was all I could do to keep from laughing. I guess he thinks I tell Daddy not to bring surprises, especially not really good ones like Buzz Lightyear! I guess that reaffirms that Daddy is the fun one and Mommy's not so fun, huh?

0 comments: