Monday, April 14, 2008

Cracker Please!


Jackson has become quite interested in eating "real food". When he sits in my lap while I'm eating, he's very likely to take a lunge at my food. Sometimes he'll actually grab my hand and try to bring whatever I'm eating into his mouth. While we were eating supper the other night, I kind of felt sorry for him. He had eaten some baby food, but still seemed to want some of what we were having. Since we were eating spaghetti, I thought that might not be the best idea, but I let him try out a Ritz cracker. I thought it would get mushy quickly and be a pretty safe thing to try. Needless to say, he loved it! He really enjoyed getting it into his mouth and mushing it up. We had lots of crumbs everywhere when he was done, but it was worth it for the fun he had with it. So far, he hasn't really met a food he doesn't like except for green beans- he tends to spit those all over the place. Once he actually gets some teeth there'll be no stopping him! We went for his 6 month check up Friday and he weighed 16lbs14oz, and was 27 inches long! He's averaging a little bigger than his older brother was at this age. Look out Noah- He's gonna catch up!

0 comments: