Monday, March 31, 2008

Growing Up!

Noah went on his first "field trip" at preschool today. They took the kids to the theater here in town for a tour of how movies work and saw the new Dr. Seuss movie "Horton Hears a Who". Noah was very excited about his outing and got himself dressed for school this morning very quickly. All the kids wore their matching Lindsey Lane Preschool T-shirts. This was the first time he's ever done anything like that with anybody other than family. I thought about going with him, but didn't really have a babysitter and didn't think Jackson would do very well at the movie, so I ask Noah what he wanted. I said "Do you want Mommy to go with you, and do you want to go by yourself with your friends to the movie?" He, of course, said -"By myself with my friends!". I guess Mom's already not so cool anymore, huh? I guess I should just be glad that he likes doing things like that and gets to experience some things alone. He did enjoy telling me all about it when I picked him up this afternoon! He said he had a great time and really liked the movie (and the coke, popcorn, and M&Ms!).

4 comments:

The Woodalls said...

I went with the big 3, and I know they would have done better without me!! I saw Noah there. He did great--staying with his class & teacher, not running around and screaming like mine were! Ugggh!

Emily

Aunt Danna said...

I'm so glad Noah loved the movie! All four of us loved it. You can't beat Dr. Seuss.

And don't worry; you will have lots and lots of opportunities to be "uncool Mom" over then next 20 years :)

I hope I can take Noah to a movie sometime this summer...it makes me sad I don't live close enough to do those things with him, so we'll have to make a plan to do that for sure.

The t shirt is very, very cute!!!

lvining said...

I was wondering if that movie was any good! I know it's hard to see them grow up...I have already been teary-eyed thinking of Cana going to school one day...all day...without me!

Rebekah D. said...

I'll be right behind you in the "uncool mom" status, as soon as Brody starts preschool this fall. I've already graduated from "Mommy" to "Mom" and every time I hear it I think, "My baby isn't old enough to call me 'Mom' yet!" I hate to admit it, but I'll probably be one of those moms who cheerfully waves bye to her kid one the first day of kindergarten, then makes it all the way to the car before bursting into tears!