Thursday, October 9, 2008

First Steps!

Jackson took his first steps yesterday! He's still very wobbly and when he realizes what he's doing, he gets scared and stops and sits down to crawl. He tends to try to go too fast and doesn't get his balance well before taking off. In another few days he'll probably be off and running. Okay, so that's the good news. The bad news is that I, his mommy who's been with almost 24/7 for his entire life, missed it! Sorry, but I just have to a little pity party for myself. I work only one night a week, and I do that at night while the kids are sleeping. I had worked Tuesday night, so Mom was over here watching Jackson while I slept a little bit and David worked. So you can guess the rest of the story. Yep- Jackson took his first steps for MawMaw while I was sleeping in the other room. Where's the justice in that one? I did get to see another first later in the day, though. Anybody who's seen Jackson crawl knows that he has a very unique way of doing it- there's no way to describe it if you haven't actually seen it. Last night, though, he took off crawling the "right" way for a change, and I did get to see that. Two firsts in one day! I guess now that he's a year old he thinks he's gotta get the move on to get things done!

0 comments: