Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School!

Today was Noah's first day of school and as you can see he was all smiles! He turned 5 this summer, but since his birthday fell so late, we decided to wait one more year for kindergarten. He's going to PreK 5 mornings a week this time back at the preschool where he's gone before. He was lucky enough to get the same teacher he had last year, and they moved into their brand new school building just in time for school to start. It is sooo cute- there's murals painted up and down the hall with a little "rock" pathway to walk on. They really did a good job on the new place. Anyway, he had a great first day and Mrs. Drea said he did really good. He was a little upset when he got home and realized he had brought home the wrong backpack. Evidently he and one of the other little boys got their's mixed up. We saw 3 other Spiderman backpacks just like his this morning!
While he was in school, I took Jackson and went on a long overdue shopping trip! We hit Kohl's and took advantage of the summer clearance stuff. Jackson's outgrowing most of his summer stuff and was needing a few things. We did pretty good- I found 6 outfits and only spent 30 bucks! Not bad!

2 comments:

momx2 said...

Yeah for Noah!

And don't you think its funny that NOW, you think shopping with one kid is easy!!! I did the same thing when Avery went to school. Poor Davis is my new shopping buddy.

Rebekah D. said...

Ditto on the shopping thing. I'm heading out to get a birthday gift for my sister before I pick up Brody from school tomorrow. Never thought I'd think shopping with two kids was easy!
I'm glad Noah likes his "new" school.