Thursday, June 26, 2008

U.S. Navy Blue Angels






Well, it doesn't get much better than this! Yes, I really am that close to Blue Angel 6. And the best part is that it's all in a days work.




Now don't get me wrong, work has been very demanding lately and that is fine by me because the greater the challenge the greater the reward. Today was a great reward. One of the benefits of my job is being able to be involved with events and being able to be in places I would normally not have the privilege to enjoy. We (MedFlight) are providing air medical support to the Blue Angels for this weekend's airshow in Huntsville.



The last time the Blues came to town I was on duty on the aircraft for one of the days and got some great up-close time and aerial photos of the team as we landed near by. Fast forward a few years and now that my role is administrative I did have to spend part of the day in the Huntsville- Madison County Mobile Command Post, but hey, it was air conditioned and that was a huge plus! After all of the official business was handled we got what amounted to a private demonstration by the Blues and were able to visit with several members of the team.




For a kid who grew up around airplanes, flying with my dad at an early age, dreaming of flight almost every day for as long as I can remember, found a career actually flying (and getting paid for it) and now is able to pilot an aircraft alone and enjoy the freedom of flight; just being around the Blue Angels today was, well, lets just say it was a VERY good day!





There's nothing like the smell of Jet A and the thundering sound of freedom... God Bless America!

1 comments:

Aunt Danna said...

Appreciate the information on the Blue Angels.

From Papa (via me!)