Thursday, June 12, 2008

As If Crawling's Not Enough...

Almost simultaneously with learning to crawl, Jackson is learning to stand up. As a matter of fact, he seems almost more interested in trying to stand than in crawling. I guess he thinks he can just skip crawling and move on to walking. He's always enjoyed standing up when somebody's holding him, so I guess he's just anxious to be able to do it all on his own. The only problem right now is that he can hold on to things and try to stand, he just can't get back down very well. This results in lots of fussing from frustration of things just not going his way. Hang in there Jackson- it'll come soon enough. Mommy's not ready for all that yet anyway. I want you to stay a baby a little longer!!

2 comments:

momx2 said...

I hear you!!! Avery wasnt even crawling at this age, and Davis is crawling, pulling up, trying to walk- I keep picking him up and putting him right back in my lap! You are right, they are still babies!!!

Aunt Danna said...

He may be walking before you know it...his cousin Hillary did! Crawling just wasn't good enough so she just stood up and walked at 9 months, and Jackson looks like he's going to do just the same.

I miss your smiley face, Jackson. We'll play peek-a-boo again real soon! Love you.