Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just In Case You Ever Wondered...




What the inside of a dryer looks like after a red-violet crayon makes it through the wash and dry cycle! Also notice all the little streaks on the clothes, too! Noah came in from school today looking for his favorite camo shorts. I suggested that he look in the dryer since I had washed clothes while he was gone. A few minutes later, he came walking through the house with pink streaked camo shorts on and my heart kind of sank. The pictures tell the rest of the story. Yep- I'm now the proud owner of pink lined, less than one year old dryer. And, by the way, the load of pink streaked laundry came free with the deal! To all you fellow moms out there- No, it was not a "washable" crayon, so I'm not sure what the odds are of ever getting rid of the streaks. I'm open to suggestions if anybody wants to throw something out there. Once Noah noticed the problem his initial response was his typical "That's not good", followed by a confession that he pocketed a crayon in class at church Sunday night and "forgot about it!". Oh well- I guess everytime I do laundry for the next 15 or 20 years, I'll always have a little something to smile about!

5 comments:

jbullington said...

Girl... oh don't you hate for something like to happen. I remember that happening to us and I think Bobby wore Pink seat covers for a while till the pink wore off. Have you tried alcohol to remove the stain on dryer. Sometimes that will remove it.

lvining said...

On the clothes, you could try Oxy Clean...it seems to get most stuff out...On the dryer....I am absolutely in LOVE with Magic Erasers by Mr. Clean. I use them everywhere and I am pretty sure they would take crayon off of the dryer!

Rebekah D. said...

LOL! I just keep thinking of that saying, "Beware, your sins will find you out!" At least it was just a crayon. Ben snuck home a baby doll from class the other day. I'm with Lori - Oxy Clean takes most anything out of clothes, and Magic Erasers wipe even dried paint off wood floors. I can testify that they also take crayon off walls, doors, floors, toys... you get the picture. Good luck!

Raymond Brown said...

Remember dear to check all pockets before washing. I am 67 year old and Judy still checks my pockets.
love you
Sonny

momx2 said...

The exact same thing happened to me, and we have the same dryer. I am sorry to say nothing got it out, but after a million loads (well, it seems like that) it has faded a little bit. Mine was blue. :)