Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mom & Charlie!

Today is Mom and Charlie's 25th Wedding Anniversary. Wendy and I had a party for them this afternoon to celebrate it with family and friends.

Couldn't get a picture of everything, but we had several pictures of them out from the day they got married. They look just as good now as they did then!
Mom & Charlie with all their "buddies"! This groups plans their life around when their next meal will be, whose house they're going to next, and whose turn it is to play cards. They have lots of fun together and seem to stay on the go more than most people half their age.


To Mom & Charlie- Hope you two enjoyed your day and will have great memories of your 25th anniversary. Don't worry, when 50 years rolls around, we'll do another party even bigger and better than this one! Ha!!

Thank you both for everything you've done for our whole family over the years. When Charlie came into our lives 25 years ago, I was only 7 years old. Their wedding brought many changes for our two families, but we've all gained so much from joining two families into one. Charlie was there to fill the hole in my life that I really didn't even realize was there at the time. He has became the dad that I didn't have. He's seen me grow from a 7 year old little girl to a 30 something year old wife and mom. He was there for me for everything in between- taught me to drive a car, saw me graduate from high school and college, gave me away when I got married, and welcomed my two babies as his grandbabies. They love their PawPaw a lot and so do I. Thank you Mom & Charlie for everything and I do hope you have another 25 years!! (Maybe I'll even spring for the trip to Hawaii if you make that one! Do you think they let 101 year olds make overseas flights like that?)

0 comments: