Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day


As everybody on TV keeps reminding us, today's election is definitely going to be history in the making, no matter how it turns out. Watching the way things are going at 8:45 tonight, I must admit I'm getting a little discouraged that things are not going to turn out as I had hoped they would. A better way to describe how I feel would be scared and a little nauseated when I think about how the next four years will go if the election goes the way it appears that it is right now. I really hoped America would have better sense than to elect Obama, but it doesn't seem that the general public has much sense. I have a CD playing in the van everytime I get in right now that helped me put things into perspective a little bit. It's an Amy Grant CD- Hymns of Faith and Praise. The song "This Is My Father's World" is on there and a couple of lines caught my attention and I've been replaying the song over and over again because it does bring a very peaceful thought. "Though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet," and "God reigns, let the earth be glad." The lines in this song helped remind me that no matter what happens in our nation and who our leader is, this is God's world, and he is ultimately in control and will be with us no matter what. We have to trust that whoever gains the presidency is there for a reason and God will reveal that reason in His own time. He's our King and any earthly leaders who are put into power will fall away, but He will always be there.

2 comments:

B and E Plus Three said...

My feelings exactly! This post could have been written by me. Even the part about the Amy Grant CD. Kinda scary. I do believe that God is in control of who wins this election and that we just have to trust Him. Daniel 4:17

momx2 said...

Hey, Im just catching up, and I am behind, since Russell already talked about this post...but I wanted to tell you it was a great post and I totally agree:)