Thursday, May 22, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Tonight was Noah's graduation from Lindsey Lane Baptist Church Preschool. He looked too cute in his little cap and gown. He was so proud of himself as he walked down the aisle to the stage- everytime he looked at us he couldn't quit grinning. He really looked like a big boy. The ceremony was really cute- they sang several songs, had a slide show, then received their diplomas and a big hug from their teacher. Mrs. Drea Thompson was Noah's teacher this year and he really seemed to like her. I know that he learned a lot from her. There were many times throughout the year that he'd do or say something and I'd ask where he learned that. He'd always say "Mrs. Drea taught me!". Sometimes I think kids just learn some things better from someone other than their parents!

Mrs. Drea made a scrapbook for each child with pictures and activities that they did throughout the year. In it there was a poem with Noah's handprint next to it that made me stop and think. (The whole night did actually. I never thought I'd be one of those mushy moms that cried at preschool graduation, but I did!) Anyway, once we got home and I read the poem, I cried a little more. Both of our boys really are growing up too fast and the poem just made me think we need to slow down a little and enjoy them all that we can, because pretty soon they'll be all grown up!
Here's the poem in case anyone is interested:
The years fly by and before you know,
I'll be so big from head to toe.
Before it happens please hold my hand,
Take time with me to play in the sand.
Or ride your bike right beside mine.
The smiles we share, one day you won't find.
A day at the creek with you and some fish,
Is all I would ask if I had my wish.
Please play with me while I'm still small,
For the years fly by in no time at all.
And when you look at this small hand print,
I hope it reminds you of time well spent.
Because, you see, each day as I grow
I'm becoming like you, I love you so.
Okay, I'm drying another few tears after just reading that again as I typed it! Now everybody go hug and kiss your babies and tell them you love them- no matter how old they are!


4 comments:

Radiant Rubies Thirty One Team! said...

I'm going to dry my tears now. They do grow up so fast! I don't want Marysa to ever grow up...

lvining said...

Love the poem!!!

Rebekah D. said...

That is a sweet poem. These baby boys turn into big boys way too fast, don't they?

Aunt Danna said...

Noah looks precious in the cap and gown.

The poem is wonderful, if I can keep from being emotional I might use it with my kindergarten class next year.

Thanks for sharing graduation with us. It was a blast!